Local Candidates. No C2C please.
Years of Relevant Experience:
- 5 years total experience;
- 3 years specifically in geographic information systems.
4 year college degree with major coursework in geography, computer science, geographic information systems
Develops spatial data overlays and comparisons, tests topology for structure and accuracy of spatial data components of the centerline file, and address point file. Assists in developing workflow and routines for ingesting spatial data from a variety of sources into a common standard, performs geostatistical analyses, generates and analyzes geocoding jobs, tests and analyzes geocoding results, displays and communicates results using GIS on a weekly basis. Develops, tests, documents and performs data capturing, analysis and quality control procedures on a weekly basis. Communicates issues and errors to local constituents in meaningful ways to correct and enhance data quality. Enhances and promotes the utilization of GIS through technical support for other team members on a daily basis. Assists in the quality control and quality assurance testing for address databases, may occasionally participate field verification at local, city or county levels. Occasionally travel to county locations to meet with constituents on address point file data development, maintenance, and verification.
- Experience with ArcGIS software for developing GIS databases
- Experience with ArcEditor data creation and editing tools, snapping toleran
- Experience with address match and geocoding techniques
- Ability to create cartographically pleasing outputs