Time to Plan for Fiscal Year 2018 H-1B Cap SeasonPublished: 01/06/2017
H-1B petitions subject to the Fiscal Year 2018 cap (FY 2018) must be received by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) during the first five days of April 2017. As April 1 falls on a Saturday in 2017, employers should be prepared for the filing period to begin on Monday, April 3.
File Your Taxes, Free State Filing
H-1B Cap-Subject Petitions
The number of approved H-1B petitions issued each year is commonly referred to as the H-1B cap. Each year, there are 65,000 regular H-1B visas available, plus an additional 20,000 for those who have earned a master’s degree or higher from an accredited U.S. institution, provided the degree is relevant to their offered position. U.S. employers may petition for H-1B employees beginning April 1 of each year.
Read More: http://bit.ly/2hYoAhI
OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 1000+ employers
Get news alerts to your inbox
- Garmin engineer shot and killed in Kansas by man who allegedly yelled ‘get out of my country’
- H1B visa refusals spiked well before Trump's ascent
- Revised Trump immigration order delayed until next week
- 9 ways H-1B visa programme may 'change'
- 2ND MAN ARRESTED IN FATAL SHOOTING OF RUTGERS STUDENT
- Donald Trump's immigration plans could impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans
- PM asks US to have ‘farsighted’ view on movement of skilled professionals
- University of South Florida extends deadline for masters and PhD program
- American Senator seeks reform in H-1B visa system
- Accenture to create 15,000 jobs in U.S.