Time to Plan for Fiscal Year 2018 H-1B Cap SeasonPublished: 01/06/2017
H-1B petitions subject to the Fiscal Year 2018 cap (FY 2018) must be received by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) during the first five days of April 2017. As April 1 falls on a Saturday in 2017, employers should be prepared for the filing period to begin on Monday, April 3.
File Your Taxes, Free State Filing
H-1B Cap-Subject Petitions
The number of approved H-1B petitions issued each year is commonly referred to as the H-1B cap. Each year, there are 65,000 regular H-1B visas available, plus an additional 20,000 for those who have earned a master’s degree or higher from an accredited U.S. institution, provided the degree is relevant to their offered position. U.S. employers may petition for H-1B employees beginning April 1 of each year.
Read More: http://bit.ly/2hYoAhI
OPT/CPT Blast Resume to 1000+ employers
Get news alerts to your inbox
- US court dismisses case against H-1B lottery system
- Donald Trump US Visa plans to scrutinise L1 visa holders at Indian IT firms
- Indian Firms Gaming H-1B Visa System: US Lawmaker
- Keeping American Jobs Act
- Trump Slump? US Sees Sharp Drop in Indian Student Applications
- IACC suggests early US visit by PM Modi to resolve visa issue
- 'Keeping American Jobs Act' introduced to prevent replacement of US tech workers by H-1Bs. Will it work?
- Multiple suspects at large after US shooting
- US universities register drop in Indian student applications
- Bay Area tech executives indicted for H-1B visa fraud